The world is becoming more and more dependent on the internet world. The only way to any business for survival is to evolve. Any business which wants to maintain its business empire needs to be accustomed with the present trend of Online Selling. An e-commerce website is the must have property for the business owners which can be the gateway for your customers to your business. The best and user-friendly platform to build your e-commerce website is WordPress. One can run its whole online business from a WordPress site starting from product integration to the completion of final payment. Here I am sharing with you the step by step process of building an e-commerce website on WordPress—
The foremost important step is to buy a domain name and hosting. There are lots of companies providing hosting and domain registration services such as Godaddy, Bluehost, Hostgator, Hostingraja and many more. Go to one of the above mentioned sites and buy your domain and hosting and you will get access to a c-panel.
- Log in to your hosting account if you are not already logged in.
- Go to your products
- Manage hosting
- Select your domain
The second step is the installation of WordPress in your c-panel.
- In your website management page, go down the page
- Click on WordPress
- After loading the WordPress installation page, set username and password for your wp-admin and then click Install
Now begins the website designing process.
- Go to yourdomain/wp-admin
- Sign in with the username and password you created during WordPress installation
- Go to Dashboard
- Add new
- You can install a theme available there or upload it from your desktop if you have downloaded any or purchased from third party theme provider.
- Customize your theme (like logo, title, colors, layouts, sidebar, plugins and many more)
Now, the next important step, that is installation of WooCommerce plugin.
- Dashboard Plugin
- Add new
- Search for WooCommerce
- Click on Install this Application
Then, customize your WooCommerce setting as per your requirements.
- General Setting
- Product Setting
- Shipping Setting
- Checkout Setting
- Payment Setting
Last important step is to add product.
- Add New
- Product Title
- Product Description
- Add Media like images of the product
- Select Product Data (Simple or Grouped)
- Select Product type- Virtual or Downloadable
- Make Setting– General, Inventory, Linked Products, Attributes
- Give Short Description. Publish. Now your e-commerce website is ready. You can sell your products by adding your products.